Tuesday 7 June 2016

A Cup of Positivi-tea

 :

A few months ago, I started to notice something about myself that I did not like - my new default setting was to complain. As soon as I found myself in familiar company my initial response was to complain, and when I began to notice this it bothered me deeply. I had always been such a cheerful child and this new trait of mine did not quite fit the mould. I wondered when this had started, and where it had come from. I began to check my heart constantly, and to proactively think before I spoke. Remembering to do this proved harder than I thought, as I often would cringe at myself after quickly responding in conversation instead of filtering my thoughts. An interesting observation was that my criticisms were never about others, but rather about my own circumstances. I decided that in order to put an end to this new habit, I would have to consciously speak life over myself and my situations; to focus on the good and to filter my thoughts (what goes in, as well as what goes out). I decided to take control over what shaped my opinions and ideas and to guard my heart. It is fascinating to think how easily our thinking is influenced by the outside world - social media, trends, the gossip girl at work - and how much we take in subconsciously. I must say, I am living much lighter and more joyfully now that I've nipped that one in the bud. That was a close one.



Photo by Paige Bates - Two Pines Media - She is incredibly talented and one of the most creative people I have ever met! Check her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment